Overland Ireland is the trading name of Ultimate Horizon Limited which has its registered office at 33 Clybaun Court, Clybaun Road Galway, Co. Galway and is a limited company with registration number 604657.
The client is the person or persons who has/have made a confirmed booking with Overland Ireland.
1) To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of Euro 125 per person. Your balance must be paid by the due date shown on your invoice or in correspondence and failure to do so may result in the cost being increased or ultimately cancellation. Once we receive your deposit and having accepted your booking form, the contract between us will become binding and we will send you an invoice for the balance and advise you of the date for payments of same. Brochure and website prices are quoted in Euro. However, payment will also be accepted in US Dollars and Sterling by bank transfer (charges may apply). Once a client has booked their tour, Overland Ireland will not retrospectively apply a tour discount, if an offer is running. The payment terms of bookings with Overland Ireland are:
1.1) A payment of Euro 125 per person at the time of booking.
1.2) A final payment of the remainder of the tour cost will be processed 2 months prior to departure and deducted automatically from the credit card which was used in the making of the booking.
1.3) If initial payment has been made via PayPal an invoice containing payment link shall be issued to the customer. Payment may be made via this link one month prior to departure.
2) Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
Note: We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. First of all we have lowered our non-refundable deposit of Euro 125 per person.
The moment you book our team starts working on your tour, making reservations, providing a welcome pack and much more. The non-refundable deposit is there to cover these costs.
We therefore strongly advise you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation cost (see Point 8 below). You will be advised of the exact amount of any cancellation charge prior to the cancellation being finalised.
If you need to speak to us about a cancellation, please contact us here.
3) Before you enter into a contract with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website. We also reserve the right to cancel the holiday. It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday and any changes are usually very minor. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your holiday begins. A major change is an alteration of the start or finish time of your holiday by more than 12 hours, a change of holiday location or a change to a lower standard of accommodation. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday(see below; cancellation of booking). We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the holiday cost if the cancellation was within our control, where a cancellation arises from a force majeure we cannot accept liability (see below). We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only trips, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc. Where a major change or cancellation arises from circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), it is your responsibility to claim the remainder of any irrecoverable payments and charges from your travel insurers. The client accepts that certain activities and aspects of Overland Ireland tours are weather dependent and that under no circumstances can Overland Ireland be held responsible for weather conditions.
Overland Ireland reserves the right to reduce the price of any of our tours. The final price applicable will be confirmed to the client before the client makes a booking.
Overland Ireland itineraries are deliberately flexible and if possible the requirements of individual groups and clients will be facilitated. Overland Ireland reserves the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary, either partly or wholly. Itineraries published are sample itineraries only and may be amended without notice. Overland Ireland also reserves the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised in the brochure or website. Please note that tours can be run in reverse and can be merged with other Overland Ireland Tours in order to provide the best customer experience.
4) If a client, after booking onto a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change onto an alternative trip, an additional administration fee of €50 per person is charged, unless the change is Covid related. Please note bookings made prior to 6th April 2021 will be subject €50 admin fee, even if the change is Covid related. If the trip originally booked starts within 8 weeks of the request to change trips being made, any such change may be treated as a cancellation by the client, in which case the cancellation conditions in section 2 will apply.
5) Any information provided by Overland Ireland on such matters as climate, clothing, baggage, travel, accommodation, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Overland Ireland.
6) It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise.
The client agrees that Overland Ireland may take photographs and films of the client while on the tour and that these may be used in Overland Irelands brochures and/or advertising without obtaining further consent or payment in respect of such photographs or films.
7) Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this but a single supplement will often apply – please check at the time of booking. When making a booking you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
8) It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical and personal accident risks. This must cover the activities undertaken and include repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services and cancellation and curtailment.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate and you must complete the declaration in the booking form to confirm this.
In the event of emergency medical rescue and/or repatriation from a trip by whatever means, the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the client. It is therefore essential that adequate cover is in place. We strongly recommend that you take out an insurance policy at the same time as booking.
All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not be responsible whatsoever for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or personal equipment. We therefore recommend that your insurance policy includes cover for baggage and personal items.
9) If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking.
10) We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday.
11) If you have a complaint about the holiday you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you are on a trip without a guide, or if you do not feel that your guide has dealt with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
12) Overland Ireland will accept liability for the negligence of its employees causing direct physical injury to passengers only to the extent that it is obliged under Irish law. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to force majeure. Overland Ireland and its employees are covered by world-wide public liability insurance up to a maximum of €3,000,000 in any one event. By signing our booking form you acknowledge that we have taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this respect.
We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the holiday if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than the Overland Ireland’s staff; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond the control of Overland Ireland; a result of an event which Overland Ireland or any of its agents, even with all due care, could not foresee. Where Overland Ireland are found to be liable for damages in respect of its failure to carry out the holiday, the maximum amount of such damages, compensation and loss of enjoyment will normally be limited to two times the cost of the trip. Where the damage relates to damage caused by the provision of road, rail, river or sea transport, or hotel accommodation, any compensation payable will be limited by the Athens Convention 1974 (sea), the Berne Convention 1961 (rail), and the Paris Convention 1962 (hotel accommodation). All air transport is undertaken entirely at your own risk. Any independent arrangements you make which are not part of the trip are entirely at your own risk.
If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, legal costs.
All bookings with carriers and other service providers (including but not limited to providers of accommodation, activities and food) are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. Whilst Overland Ireland cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act of omission of any such third parties, Overland Ireland will give every assistance to the client in helping to resolve any reasonable dispute.
Many activity and outdoor pursuits arrangements referred to in the brochure are provided independently by third party activity and outdoor pursuits providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts are undertaken directly between you and the third party activity and outdoor pursuits provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Overland Ireland, regardless of any help and assistance which Overland Ireland may provide in securing such arrangements.
13) Tickets can only be used by the client to whom the ticket was issued; no other person can use the ticket in any circumstances.
The ticket must be produced at any time at the request of an Overland Ireland Representative, and the client may also be asked to produce valid photo identification.
Overland Ireland operates a no-smoking policy on all its vehicles.
Please note that some of our tours could run in reverse due to festival and events.
This is done to give you the best experience possible.